Fringe Benefit Rates 2011-2012
Effort Certification & Reporting Technology (ECRT)
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009 - Stimulus Bill
Programs sponsored by federal, state and private agencies
represent a significant and important financial resource to the
University which enables it to carry out its principal missions
of teaching, research and public service.
Mission: The Newark Grants Office is dedicated
to assisting faculty, research associates and staff in understanding
federal, state and university compliance rules and requirements.
The procedural efforts of NGO are intended to ensure that the University
remains in good programmatic and financial standing with these sponsors
and, thereby, encourage a steady source of funding for the University
and its faculty.
The NGO responsibilities are:
1. Primary resource on grant and contract accounting questions and
issues at Newark campus;
2. To set up internally and externally funded grants and contract
accounts following the approved award by the sponsor;
3. To review financial management of grants and contracts by reviewing
transaction entries on the On-Line-Financial-System (OFIS) in the
4. To prepare and submit all invoices to sponsoring agencies based
on expenses charged to awarded accounts on OFIS.
5. To collect all required documents for file to satisfy internal
and external audits;
6. To close out expired accounts. To prepare, review, and submit
all financial reports following sponsor specifications.
7. Primary Newark campus liaison to Division to Grants and Contract
DGCA (Division of Grant & Contract Accounting)